Photo gallery of how the Friargate site looks today
Please browse our galleries of images, providing an overview of the site as it currently is, together with a number of CGIs that demonstrate the scale and scope of the proposed development.
Changes to Masterplan (November 2010)
- Relocate hotel from east of boulevard to west side to bring visitor and delivery traffic in from Warwick Road;
- Allow all traffic to run northbound across Junction 6 into the City and along New Union Street. This allows anti-clockwise access to the ring road from the south.
- Warwick Road is realigned alongside Greyfriars Green to protect existing trees.
- A dedicated route for taxis to access and egress the station - in via the South East slip road from the Ring Road and an exit along Park Road to relieve congestion on residential streets.
- A dedicated drop off for private vehicles in front of the station with access from Warwick Road to better manage competing traffic flows around the station.